ask: Why do I bloat after sex with my boyfriend?

By Hollie

I've never experienced this problem in the past, but after sex with my boyfriend, minutes later my stomache bloats and it can last for up to a couple of hours. I've had sti tests at my local gp and they all came back clear. We don't use condoms, I'm on the contraceptive pill. My stomache doesn't hurt afterwards, just feels full. I'm just a little concerned and am worried this could mean we'd have difficulties trying to get pregnant in the future. Sorry to sound crude, but the bloating isn't just when my boyfriend ejaculates inside me through sex, I have also bloated after oral sex a few times.

Hi Hollie,
I can suggest that you make an appointment with your doctor. This symptom of abdominal bloating and discomfort is puzzling. Hopefully,
a medical and physical exam can provide you with a diagnosis. Keep us posted.

Hi,
I am wondering if what you are experiencing as bloating might be the sensation of uterine contractions. Are you experiencing the bloating following having an orgasm? Again, this could be the uterus contracting and leaving you will a feeling of fullness. If you have continued concerns and are concerned about being able to conceive, you should make an appointment with your health care professional.

Hollie (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Hi, thank you for responding so quickly. To be honest it doesn't seem to matter if I orgasm or not. As soon as my boyfriend does my stomache will bloat. If we have sex and he does not then I don't bloat. Sometimes my stomache does ache for a few hours after (feels like period pains).

Do you think sex gets better as you age? :