Why do I smell different since i've been through menopause?

I feel like the way I smell has changed since going through menopause, it's not bad, just different. What's up?

Hi Carrie Margaret

Thanks for this question! 

Women sometimes do, in fact, smell differently after menopause and as you say, it's not a bad smell, just different. Some refer to it as "old lady smell" (unfortunately!). 

This is due to hormonal changes in the body and a change in body chemistry. 

We have a very active thread on this topic as well as advice from other women going  through the same thing. I think you will find it very helpful as well as knowing you are not alone! 

Let us know what you think! 

Menopause Guide