ask: Why does Chicken and Chicken eggs make me sick?

By Sysy92 November 27, 2011 - 7:52am

It's kind of a strange question, but every time I eat chicken, or chicken eggs, or any other kind of bird, I become nauseous, vomit, or get diahrea. I don't understand why. It doesn't matter how it's cooked, who cooked it, or where it's cooked. It always makes me sick, and when I was little it never did.
Don't understand. What do you think?

What can first the chicken or the egg??
Well, with me it certainly was the chicken, although my son has had been unable to eat chicken from birth and it still makes him ill but he can eat eggs!!
I couldn't believe that chicken made me sick so I cut out everything I could think of , alcohol, onions, garlic, tomatoes (the list goes on ) until one day I just had Chicken and there was my proof ....That was 10+ years ago but about 7 years ago I noticed that I would have a headache after eating eggs, then it got worse and I would be sick but I was still ok with products that have egg in but that slowly got worse, to the point now that if I eat anything that contains eggs or is made from eggs (blood pressure tablets were the worst reaction Ramipril, for example, which have the soft outer coating made from egg)I am sick within 10-15 minutes or suffer a headache!I find it hard to eat out as most places uses chicken stock in their sauces (yes , you veggies out there , you are eating chicken stock without even realising it ) Curries are almost impossible, chinese just as bad. Luckily the larger food outlets now have to state what is in their ingredients which does help .Please also be aware that aboard can be worse still. Twice I have had Pumpkin veggie soup and it had chicken stock in, even though I had asked if it was in it.....People just don't understand!!
However , a lot of people think I can't eat dairy either and I have to laugh as this must be the flying cow that lays eggs !!!
I work with someone that has a much more severe reaction to eggs , than myself but she can eat chicken !! Its weird !

chicken is making me sick also ever since my son was born 17 years ago never been able to eat it since. No matter how its cooked I am going to get sick.

Hi Sysy,

Good question. The only information that I could find is a possible allergy. Check out this website and see if this possibly makes sense

I hope this helps.

Sysy92 (reply to Anonymous)

It does make sense! Thank you!
I guess I'll stay away from chicken and eggs then.
I do get chronic bladder infections a lot, and my urologist could never find out why, so i guess it could somehow be related, like it said in the article.
I did eat chicken a lot!

Thanks again!

Allergies Guide

Do you suffer from springtime allergies?: