Why does my BF with high fuctioning autisum say I don't care to me sometimes?

Thanks for your post. 

I think everyone who has ever been in a friendship or relationship with anyone ever, has said "I don't care". Kids say it, spouses say it, co-workers say it. I've said it many times myself...and sometimes really meant it! 

It's often due to frustration or fatigue or because the person literally doesn't care about the matter at hand. It generally means the issue/topic/subject that's important to one person isn't important to the other person. Sometimes it can come off as a bit rude but sometimes a person just doesn't care about something. 

It has nothing really to do with someone having autism so I'm not really sure what you mean. Can you give us some context that we can work with?