ask: Why does my lower abdomen hurt?

I have a pain in my lower abdomen that feels like it does before I start my period. The only thing is I am not supposed to start for another seven days. This pain is much more intense than I am used to. It seems to get worse and feels tight when I need to urinate and afterwards the pain subsides for a few minutes and the tightness goes away. I also feel like my lower back is very tight and this seems to make the pain in my abdomen slightly worse from time to time. Is there anything you can tell me that could be causing this pain? I am getting a little worried and unfortunately right now I cannot afford to go to a doctor. Thank you for any insight you may have.

Anonymous

okay so i have been having pregnancy symptoms not no more but i recently got pain in my lower stomach i havent gotten my period i rely never know when it comes it doesn't come every month in fact its always a surprise an d no I'm not on birth control i have taken pregnancy test but they show up negative

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Thank you for reaching out to us for help.

Is the pain in your lower stomach sharp or dull? Is it constant or does it come and go? Are you having any other symptoms?
This complaint might need evaluation by your primary care physician.

Have you always had a history of irregular periods? Or did this change happens recently?
If you have always been irregular, has your gynecologist determined the reason? If the change is recent, and depending on your age, this could be a sign of perimenopause.

Regards,

Anonymous

I am 75 and for two days my lower left ovary area is very tender. My lower back aches all the time. I don't exercise.
Sharon

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hi Sharon

If you are still having this pain, please ask for an exam to rule out any growths or cysts. 

Will you keep us posted?

Anonymous

I been feeling sick and my lower part of my tummy and I had sex without a condom I been feeling like this for five or four days

Anonymous

i had an abortion last sept. 25 and i have sex oct. 12 withdrawal method ang right now im experiencing pain in my abdomen and pain ang burning sensation in my genital are....i could be probably pregnant or i had an infection? pls. help...

It does sound like you may have an infection (the withdrawal method is not the safest method unless you are rock solid on your menstrual cycle) so seeing a doctor is important. 

Anonymous

I got stomach cramps the week leading up to my period but it came for only two days then I experienced what looked like a pinkish discharge for 2-3 days. I had strong stomach cramps for another week, then lower backache to the point where it aches to walk anyway that's all gone but I'm just wondering if it was pregnancy? I've hd no bleeding since as my next period isn't due for another 2 weeks ...

Thank you for your question. If your period doesn't start in the next two weeks, take a pregnancy test. Have you had unprotected sex since your last period? If so, there is a chance that you are pregnant, and this was implantation bleeding.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Hi maryann
My last period came on the 19th of August an I did have sex unprotected on the 2nd September which he had came in me, however since I bleed for two days it did come on time as it was the 18th .... I've had no symptoms for a few days now but I have tested and its been negative still waiting for my future period though could I still be pregnant? Is there still a chance

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: