ask: Why does my lower abdomen hurt?

By beautynchaos

I have a pain in my lower abdomen that feels like it does before I start my period. The only thing is I am not supposed to start for another seven days. This pain is much more intense than I am used to. It seems to get worse and feels tight when I need to urinate and afterwards the pain subsides for a few minutes and the tightness goes away. I also feel like my lower back is very tight and this seems to make the pain in my abdomen slightly worse from time to time. Is there anything you can tell me that could be causing this pain? I am getting a little worried and unfortunately right now I cannot afford to go to a doctor. Thank you for any insight you may have.

Anonymous

i had an abortion last sept. 25 and i have sex oct. 12 withdrawal method ang right now im experiencing pain in my abdomen and pain ang burning sensation in my genital are....i could be probably pregnant or i had an infection? pls. help...

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

It does sound like you may have an infection (the withdrawal method is not the safest method unless you are rock solid on your menstrual cycle) so seeing a doctor is important. 

Anonymous

I got stomach cramps the week leading up to my period but it came for only two days then I experienced what looked like a pinkish discharge for 2-3 days. I had strong stomach cramps for another week, then lower backache to the point where it aches to walk anyway that's all gone but I'm just wondering if it was pregnancy? I've hd no bleeding since as my next period isn't due for another 2 weeks ...

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Thank you for your question. If your period doesn't start in the next two weeks, take a pregnancy test. Have you had unprotected sex since your last period? If so, there is a chance that you are pregnant, and this was implantation bleeding.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Hi maryann
My last period came on the 19th of August an I did have sex unprotected on the 2nd September which he had came in me, however since I bleed for two days it did come on time as it was the 18th .... I've had no symptoms for a few days now but I have tested and its been negative still waiting for my future period though could I still be pregnant? Is there still a chance

Thank you for providing more information. I am glad that you are no longer having symptoms, but you tested too early. If your period for this month is due to start around the 18th or 19th, wait until you are late by at least one week to test. Or you could use an early response pregnancy test which can be used as early as five days before the expected start of your period.

Until either your period starts, or you get a positive pregnancy test result, when you test at the right time,the chance of pregnancy cannot be ruled out.

Regards,

Anonymous

Quick Question! Can you have a period and still be pregnant? My period was on for two weeks straight its been off five days now. My stomach be making weird noises and all of the sudden the bottom of my stomach strarts to hurt and its hard for me use the restroom as in pushing to poop. SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE

A woman does not have a monthly period when she is pregnant because the lining of the uterus, which is shed during a period, remains intact to accommodate the developing fetus.

Contact your internist. A physical exam is in order to determine why you are having stomach pain and are constipated. Mention that your period has lasted for two weeks. You may be referred to your gynecologist for that.

Regards,

Maryann,
It is possible for a woman to have a cycle during her pregnancy. It has happened to many women. It is probable to a problem pregnany or if the Egg has emplainted up higher in the uterus.
Have a great Day
Teresa Feirick, CMA

Anonymous

Nothing

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: