ask: Why does my lower abdomen hurt?

I have a pain in my lower abdomen that feels like it does before I start my period. The only thing is I am not supposed to start for another seven days. This pain is much more intense than I am used to. It seems to get worse and feels tight when I need to urinate and afterwards the pain subsides for a few minutes and the tightness goes away. I also feel like my lower back is very tight and this seems to make the pain in my abdomen slightly worse from time to time. Is there anything you can tell me that could be causing this pain? I am getting a little worried and unfortunately right now I cannot afford to go to a doctor. Thank you for any insight you may have.

Anonymous

My name is Jackie and my question is , I haven't had my period like for 1year I'm 33 years old 3 day's ago I started my period it came right when I was having sex.but is bean very strong I have to change tampon every 4hr and I'm having pain in my lower stomach why is this happening to me can you help me please with a advice it will help alot thank you

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello Jackie,

Please consult your gynecologist. Not having a menstrual period for one year would indicate that you have entered menopause. But, since you have started having a heavy vaginal flow with lower stomach pain is puzzling and needs to be evaluated by a physician.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

thank you maryann , I started looking for a doctor now, i dint have one sense I hate going to the doctors. but menopause it scares me a little because I want to be a mom I don't have kids so menopause makes me think I can never have kids you scared me so I'm taking action now I'm just waiting to get approved by Kaiser thank you very much I appreciate.

Anonymous

Hi , I just had my period couple days ago it usually lasts 3 days this time it took 5 days . And my lower stomach still hurts and it never happened before what can it be ? Añd some times i feel light headed

Anonymous

me and my boyfriend didn't have sex. but he accidentally put some cum in my organ, it happened in dec 6, then my period comes in dec 22-29 but i think i bleed again in dec 30-31 what does that mean [spottings and mens occur]? and why does my lower abdomen hurts Now? am i pregnant? [i washed my organ later that day] i constipated and vomit to because of some irritation in my throat. Btw happy new year. GodBless~!

Anonymous

Hi,, Iv been notcing that im gaining wieght on my lower stomach very fast and its only been a lil over 2 weeks since iv had unprotected sex. and i had my period right before..is it my stomach still soar from my period or what ?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

It sounds like you are probably ovulating right now (your fertile period so don't have sex if you don't want to get pregnant). If you had your period right after sex, then you are not pregnant.

You might also be a little bit constipated or have some indigestion too.

Hello Kitty (reply to Susan Cody)

Hey, :] Last dec 6 me nd my boyfriend didn't have sex but he accidentally put some cum in my organ then i washed it afterwards. then my period comes in dec 23-29[with spottings] then i spot again in dec 30-31 but with mens, then late night in NEW YEAR im constipated then vomit all i eat because my neck is irritated. and now my lower abdomen is hurting. i vomit days before my mens. my previous mens is NOV 23 and its exactly 1 month then my mens came :P

Anonymous

Hi
The past few days I've been having lower abdominal pain on and off. I'm irregular with my period and if I'm going on a regular schedule I'm on day 28 and still no period. No problem urinating or bowel movements. We've been trying for another baby but no luck.

It sounds like your period is on it's way but it could also be pregnancy - both mimic each other in terms of early symptoms.

You can take a test to see where you stand. I hope you get some very happy news soon!

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: