ask: why does my vagina swell up after sex?

help. after sex me vagina swells up twice the size, theres no pain and no itching after sex. but when my partner wants sex a day or so after i cant seem to enjoy it because my vagina gets in the way and may hurt abit. since ive been told by my doctor that i cant use the pill my partner has been use condoms. can you help? any ideas?

Dear Anon,

It sounds as though you may be allergic or irritated from the latex of the condom. Consider getting checked by your GYN to verify that you do in fact have an allergy and nothing else.

Here is some more information on latex allergies: http://www.empowher.com/media/reference/treating-latex-allergy

Do you think sex gets better as you age? :