Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

Why have I got to go to see a diabetes and endocrinologist

By Anonymous June 13, 2016 - 9:15pm
Rate This

I have had a mechanical valve in the last year

Add a Comment1 Comments

HERWriter Guide

Hi Anon

Thank you for your post!

It sounds like you have a heart condition but that your doctors are worried about your blood sugar?

An endocrinologist treats people with hormonal disorders, including diabetes and thyroid disorders. Your doctors obviously feel you have some kind of hormonal disorder/pituitary problem or something else going on with your reproductive system. Tests usually include blood tests and scans. It sounds like your doctor is more concerned about diabetes for you but you'll probably have an array of testing.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/reproductive-system/content/when-should-woman-see-endocrinologist-dr-friedman-video


June 14, 2016 - 6:37am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.



Get Email Updates

Diabetes Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!