ask: why is my period late?

By kb3701

Hello, I am a 25 year old female. Last month i recently started excercising and cut gluten out of my diet. I usually get my period around the 23rd but this month i did no tget it yet and it is already the 5th. i had an annoying pain on my lower left side thinking it could be a cyst because i have had this pain before. Last month i was 3 days late. My boyfriend and i always use condoms.

Hi kb3701,

Thanks for posting. First, you should take a pregnancy test-- just in case, even though you use condoms. 

A change in your diet and sudden change in exercise pattern can also affect your period. However, if you are having left side pain around where your left ovary may be located, then you may have an ovarian cyst and this warrants a doctors visit.

Please keep us posted!

Rosa

kb3701 (reply to Rosa Cabrera RN)

okay thank you. i have taken 3 pregnancy tests already. if it is an ovarian cyst would that delay my period? last time i had this pain was years ago so i can not really remember.

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: