Why Wasn't I Informed??

I managed to trace every single health problem I have today to long term use of
psychiatric drugs....Every medical condition is a result of taking these medications for 40+ years!! Why wasn't I ever advised of these possible side effects? Given these conditions, I would have elected to 'tough it out.' Who would ask for A-Fib, heart disease, stroke, a malfunctioning thyroid, metabolic disease, and unmanageable weight gain? I feel I've been duped by the very people who claimed to try to help me!!!

i am very sorry to know that your psychiatric drugs have led to so many physical illnesses.  

All drugs carry side effects, some mild and some very serious.  You are right - you should have been informed of the side effects and given as much information as possible. Then at least you could make an informed decision yourself. 

Talk to a trusted doctor now about what can be done to at least alleviate some of the symptoms and conditions you have. 

Can you change or reduce the medications you are on currently? 

We hope to hear back from you soon-

Thank you, Susan. I have eliminated all the drugs that have caused my present difficulties. However, because of those, I am on meds to
treat the current conditions, which, as you say, have their own consequences. I have also suffered brain damage, am at risk of early death, or Alzheimer's, and whatever else they may discover. My life has been disrupted, both physically and mentally. I am now
trying to focus on what I can do to make life as easy as possible. It's hard to do , knowing that the 'experts' knew from the beginning what these drugs would cause. The researchers have skewed the results , and have outright lied about what they knew , and/ or did.
It's a hard pill to swallow' !!! They ( researchers = doctors ), twisted their results , exchanging the health of patients for their own profits. And, NO ONE has been put behind bars, or paid the price of
what has been done to thousands of patients. This is inconceivable in the US... Enjoy your holiday.

Hi again Anon-

I agree with you that some (not all) Big Pharma have most certainly put profits before patients. 

My heart goes out to you. 

Please stay in touch with us and happy Thanksgiving to you too. 

Psychiatric Illness