Would a blood pregnancy test be accurate 5 weeks from sex?

By Anonymous February 18, 2013 - 9:26am

On January 14 me and my gf were messing around and had oral sex. Before I left I rubbed her vagina with my hand. I'm pretty sure I didn't have anything on my hands. We are worried about the chance of pregnancy in this situation and have not fooled around since. She then got her normal period on time on February 2. Since her period she has taken 9 first response pregnancy tests which all have been negative. The last test was this morning February 18 and was also negative. We have doctors app this Wednesday February 20 to take a blood pregnancy test, will this be accurate? She feels normal with no symptoms, thanks for all your help!

With all due respect, you are over-reacting!

You didn't have sex and she has had her period since as well as 9 pregnancy tests - pregnancy tests are 99% accurate when used correctly.  She is not pregnant!

However, to answer your question, a blood test would be highly accurate.

Thank you for your help. We had the blood test done which came back negative. The doctor also said we were over reacting in the manner. Also that the test would be 100% accurate and would show if pregnant. Thanks again for your response!