an xray shows a large amount of stool in upper left quadrant of abdomen. Is this ok?

By Anonymous April 9, 2010 - 5:19pm

I had an injury to my ribs a few weeks ago, one rib is cracked

Dear Anonymous

It's not ok for have a large amount of stool in this area of your body. Stool is formed in the colon, not your upper abdomen. Do your doctors know if your injury may have damaged some part of your digestive system and that's why this happened? Or do your doctors think this was found by accident?

What treatment are you getting right now for this stool and what reasons have been discussed for why you may have this?

Please update us with answers so that we can help you further.

The nurse of the PA I was seeing for this injury called and said everything is normal. I'm not having any problems so maybe it's ok but it still doesn't sound right to me. She said intestines are up that high. I didn't know that, I thought they were lower so I was concerned about that. Guess I'll just have to wait and see and hope everything is ok. Thank you Susan for your answer.

Constipation Guide