Dull complexion is a skin condition that occurs due to various factors ranging from sunburns to aging. However, facial hair is also considered as one of the factors contributing to a dull complexion. Unwanted facial hair is a common, frustrating and embarrassing condition that affects about 25% of women. It impacts their quality of life. Too much hair growing in women in androgen-sensitive areas of the body like the face, neck and chest is called Hirsutism.
Most women get bothered when there is much hair growth on the facial skin. It creates a cover that shadows their light complexion underneath hence the need to get rid of them. Also, it gives the skin a rough appearance that makes one appear dull in complexion. Such excessive hair growth can lower self-esteem and significantly alter the quality of life. All women would like their faces to glow and become smooth. When hair grows on the cheeks, upper lips, the neck or even forehead, it is distressing to the lady resulting in a lack of confidence in a woman.
Causes of facial hair growth resulting to dull complexion
Circumstances under which facial hair grows include;
1. Change in climate
2. Changes in body hormonal levels
3. Inconsistent menstrual cycle
4. Certain medication
5. Hormonal fluctuations for the period of pregnancy
6. Environmental changes
Managing dull complexion by removing facial hair
Methods of Facial Hair removal:
This process can be done anywhere, at home or at the salon. It is very comfortable and cheaper. If the is, hair is uprooted from the roots one can remain without hair for longer time. However, waxing can cause allergies to some women, redness, acne or other skin infections on the hair follicle.
II. Hair removal creams
It is easy to remove facial hair using hair removal creams without any professional help.
1. Just apply the cream to the area with hair growth.
2. Leave for approximately 30 minutes.
3. Gently wash the face with lukewarm water with a facial sponge.
4. Often repeat the process when you see hair growth.
They are cheaper and adaptable. Razors do not require any skills for one to remove facial hair. Its disadvantages are that if incorrectly used it could cause harm and in-growing of facial hair which could result in skin infections.
IV. Turmeric face mask
Using turmeric face mask also helps decrease facial hair in women. It is a preferable method for women who would like to reduce the number of waxing or laser hair removal visits to the skin care specialists. However, for a better result, one needs to use the turmeric face mask regularly.
The Procedure of applying Turmeric masks for your face:
1. Mix the spice with water and flour and other ingredients such as milk, oil or honey to achieve a paste.
2. Once you obtain the mixture, generously apply it to your neck and face while avoiding the eyes and the areas around the mouth.
3. After completely covering the facial skin, let the turmeric face mask stay for about 15-20 minutes.
4. The mask will soak into every pore on the surface to absorb oils, moisturize, brighten dark spots and improve skin complexion.
5. When the time is up, just wash away the face with lukewarm water while gently scrubbing your skin with a facial sponge.
6. To avoid drawbacks such as skin discoloration, avoid leaving the mask for a long time.
V. Use of the rubber plant gum procedure
1. Apply the rubber plant gum on the parts with hair on your face.
2. Let it stay for approximately an hour.
3. Wash and spray rosewater.
VI. Oat Meal Scrub
Ingredients: 1 teaspoon of ground oatmeal, 1tablespoon honey, a teaspoon lemon juice freshly made
1. Mix oatmeal, lemon juice, and honey to make a paste
2. Smear and leave mixture on the face for15-20 minutes
3. Gently rub the face for 5 minutes in where hair growth is present
4. Wash the face with warm water
5. Repeat the procedure 2-3weekly until the hair fades
VII. Lavender mixed with tea tree oil for the removal of facial hair due to Hirsutism
1. Blend one teaspoon of lavender oil with 4-6 drops of tea tree oil
2. Smear the mix on the facial hair with a cotton ball
3. Repeat the procedure 2-3 daily for approximately 3 months to eradicate the facial hair.
Most people hate facial hair as it gives them a dull complexion. Having hair on the face is one of the most embarrassing skin predicaments. Nevertheless, there are a variety of remedies to this problem that will ultimately let you have the glowing desirable youthful skin. However, one should be wise when choosing the method to use. It is because some women are allergic to certain processes and beauty products. It is also advisable to go for the homemade remedies since they are much cheaper than the beauty cosmetics.
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.