Here you can read about the foods that trigger gallbladder symptoms. Gallbladder is a very important organ, located on the right side of your abdomen, near the liver. This small organ has a very important role in digestion. Its main function is to control the release of bile and to store bile as well. Sometimes, gallbladder is not able to carry out these tasks. The symptoms of gallbladder disorders usually include indigestion, belching, bloating, abdominal pain, jaundice, nausea and vomiting. There are several types of gallbladder disorders, but most of them have nearly the same symptoms.
Gallbladder disorders are usually caused by gallstones, but there can be other contributing factors. According to certain researches, women seem to be at higher risk of developing such problems.
How Is Food Related to Gallbladder?
- As we know, bad diet can cause various health problems. Gallbladder disorder is just one of such problems. Gallbladder plays a role in digestion processes. Eating unhealthy foods will certainly contribute to gallbladder problems. Every time you eat something, bile is released into your intestines. Bile is very important, especially in digesting fatty foods. If the bile cannot be released properly, your body will not be able to digest these foods. People who have gallbladder problems should avoid certain types of foods.
- Some vegetables are very good for people who have gallbladder problems. These include vegetables high in vitamin B such as squash, spinach and tomatoes. However, you should avoid certain fruits and vegetables, such as corn, onions, avocados, beans, soy, grapefruits, cabbage, oranges, nuts and cauliflower.
- You should be very careful with meat and other animal products. As you know, people with gallbladder problems should avoid fatty foods, and animal products are quite fatty. You can eat lean meat, but you should not fry it. The best way to prepare this type of meat is to boil it or grill it. You should not eat food items like pork, other read meat, fatty parts of chicken, spicy foods, eggs and sausages.
- Dairy products that contain a lot of fat should be avoided. Yogurt, cheese as well as ice cream should be avoided. You can consume non-fat dairy products.
- You should not consume carbonated drinks. In addition, you must not drink any alcohol.
- You must not eat any kind of fried foods. Foods that contain a lot of cholesterol must be avoided, too. The majority of foods you can buy in stores (cakes, cookies and pies) are not very healthy, sine most of them contain cholesterol and other artificial ingredients.
- Chocolate also contains a lot of fat and sugar, which can be very bad for your gallbladder.
Gallbladder problems can be treated if diagnosed early. If left untreated, gallbladder problems can result in serious complications, some of which require surgery. Gallbladder patients need to follow certain diet regime. Your doctor will tell you more about the foods to avoid. This type of diet is not only important for people who have had gallbladder surgery – it is also important for people who have any kind of gallbladder problems.You can also find more information at: www.GallbladderBase.com
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.