Facebook Pixel

What Doctor Should I See About Aging Skin Concerns? - Dr. Steinman (VIDEO)

Rate This

Dr. Steinman tells women what type of doctor they should see if they have concerns about aging skin.

Dr. Steinman:
Well if she is concerned about aging of her skin I think the dermatologist are the best trained to treat those because we are trained in skin for three and some times four years of full time residency training. We can recognize the types of skin the patient has, the underlying skin diseases or sensitivities they may have and we are the most trained in the vast array of nonsurgical options that are available. Dermatologists receive special training in sunscreens, in topical rejuvenation products, in chemical peels. Dermatologists helped develop Botox. Dermatologists essentially developed the initial filler products such as collagen that have been very active in developing the more modern fillers such as Radiesse, Juvederm and Restylane and some other deeper fillers such as Sculptura and then dermatologists have always taken the lead in lasers. The leading experts in lasers were initially dermatologists and the vast majority of laser rejuvenation has always been carried out by dermatologists.

About Dr. Howard Steinman, M.D.:
Dr. Howard Steinman is the first and only Dermatologist in South San Diego County fully certified by the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery in all aspects of cosmetic surgery and by the American Board of Dermatology in all aspects of Dermatology. He is one of the very few Board-Certified Dermatologists with formal residency and fellowship training in both Cosmetic Surgery and Advanced Surgical Dermatology. Dr. Steinman is the Medical Director of MD Skin Esthetics and Spa, a comprehensive Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery center located in Chula Vista, California.

Aging Skin

Get Email Updates

Aging Skin Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!