Facebook Pixel

Who Specializes In Alzheimer's Disease? - Dr. Tariot (VIDEO)

By Expert
Rate This

More Videos from Dr. Pierre Tariot 17 videos in this series

Dr. Tariot explains what medical professionals specialize in Alzheimer's disease.

Dr. Tariot:
Some primary care doctors really can be very good, but it’s probably not realistic to expect every primary care doctor to really know the subtleties of diagnosis, evaluation, treatment, and disease management. It tends to be neurologists with a particular interest in dementia, geriatricians, that is to say, internal medicine doctors who specialize in the care of older people, general and in particular geriatric psychiatrists are often very well equipped to deal with these things.

And then I think there’s probably, honestly a big difference between somebody who is functioning on his or her own versus somebody who has assembled a team. We really view this as a situation where six heads are better than one.

About Dr. Tariot:
Dr. Pierre Tariot is board-certified in internal medicine and geriatric psychiatry at Banner Alzheimer’s Institute. He has devoted his career to helping thousands of patients and families cope with dementia. He is also a world leader in the development of new treatments for Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of memory loss.

View Dr. Tariot Videos:

Visit Dr. Tariot at the Banner Alzheimer's Institute

Alzheimer's Disease

Get Email Updates

Alzheimer's Disease Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!