Facebook Pixel

What Should A Woman Do If She Thinks She Has Ankle Arthritis? - Dr. Horton (VIDEO)

By Expert
Rate This

Dr. Horton explains what a woman should do if she suspects she has ankle arthritis and what type of doctor she should see.

Dr. Horton:
If you suspect you have ankle arthritis, I believe that you will get the best care from an orthopedic foot and ankle specialist. This is a medical doctor that has completed a residency in orthopedic surgery as well as sub-specialized training in foot and ankle reconstruction.

If you are looking for an orthopedic foot and ankle specialist, I would suggest that number one, you consult with your family physician to see who is on their referral list. Oftentimes you can also get to referrals from the American Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society as well as the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons.

About Dr. Horton, M.D.:
Dr. Eric R. Horton, M.D. is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in lower extremity conditions and ankle and foot reconstruction at Alvarado Orthopedic Medical Group. He has almost ten years of private practice experience in treating a wide range of adult, juvenile, and childhood orthopedic disorders including trauma, sports injuries, arthritis, leg deformities, and other musculoskeletal conditions of the body.

Visit Dr. Horton at the Alvarado Orthopedic Medical Group



Get Email Updates

Related Checklists

Arthritis Guide


Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!