Facebook Pixel

Should Ankle Problems Be Treated By Specialists? - Dr. Horton (VIDEO)

By Expert
Rate This

Dr. Horton explains if a patient should see a specialist to treat ankle problems.

Dr. Horton:
Compared to other joint replacements surgeries such as the knee and hip, the ankle is a very sensitive joint. There are a few people in the country that have been specially trained to do ankle joint replacements. I would highly recommend any patients considering an ankle joint replacement to go to a foot and ankle specialist that has been specifically trained in that procedure because it’s much less forgiving than a knee or hip joint replacement, and the longevity of the prosthesis, while getting close to hips and knees, is not quite the same, and so it requires much more follow-up and close attention and observation over time.

About Dr. Horton, M.D.:
Dr. Eric R. Horton, M.D. is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in lower extremity conditions and ankle and foot reconstruction at Alvarado Orthopedic Medical Group. He has almost ten years of private practice experience in treating a wide range of adult, juvenile, and childhood orthopedic disorders including trauma, sports injuries, arthritis, leg deformities, and other musculoskeletal conditions of the body.

Visit Dr. Horton at the Alvarado Orthopedic Medical Group