Facebook Pixel

Anxiety about pregnancy

By January 11, 2015 - 6:44am
Rate This

Hi! I had sex with my GF last 3 months(october 16- roughly), and that was the only time I had sex with her until now. We had protected sex( Condom& pull-out method; no leakage or whatsoever). She got her period after 1 week or 10 days after the intercourse. Normal period last for 5-6 days and had her period for the last 2 months(normal period and consider regular;not on BC). On the 2/1/2015 we had some fun(not sex), I did suck her nipple quite hard and rough fingered her. After I ejaculated in the toilet which was done by her, most of the semen were on the floor and only few amount that left on my hand. Of course I did wash it water and soap which I do it everytime after ejaculation. 1 or 2 day next she had this brown discharge that scared her and her nipples are sore for more than a week now(9days) but is less sore now unless she pinches it.What makes me worry about is I did a lot of research before this about what can or what can not to make a girl conceives. They say they can have regular period during pregnancy. She of course is also anxious about this. She keep worrying that she might get pregnant by what I did 3 months ago. She is also facing indigestion.

Add a Comment7 Comments


Hello, and thank you for sharing your question with the community.  I'd love to give you advice on the subject.

First of all, condoms in general are 98% effective.  The reasons why condoms fail the other 2% of the time is because the condom breaks or comes off during intercourse.  Since neither of these things happened during the time you had intercourse with your girlfriend, the condom was mostly likely successful at preventing her conception.

You are correct in that some women have light periods during pregnancy call implantation bleeding.  However it is usually very different from their regular periods.  

In your case it is very unlikely that your girlfriend is pregnant because you never ejaculated directly into her vagina, and you used an intact condom.  

There are many other reasons for girls to have irregular periods such as stress, not eating well, hormonal imbalances, medications, or adolescence to name a few.

If she does want to take a pregnancy test to be sure however, the best time to take it is a week after a missed or irregular period.

Let us know if you have any more questions.


January 11, 2015 - 7:49pm
(reply to fchacon)

I did emphasize that she had all her regular period of the last 3 months. Can this at least ensure that she is fine since we had protected sex? And also why does it takes so long for her nipples to recover and the brown discharge after rough fingered. Thanks!

January 12, 2015 - 2:47am
Guide (reply to jandas)

Hello and yes you did emphasize that her periods were regular.  That is why I emphasized that there is nothing to worry about unless she misses one or has an irregular period which did not happen.  Tender nipples and brown discharge are a perfectly normal part of the menstrual cycle and can happen any time before, after or during a period.


January 12, 2015 - 10:57am
(reply to fchacon)

Thanks for your information! I appreciate it a lot.

January 12, 2015 - 9:39pm
(reply to jandas)

Sorry, accidentally pressed. Please ignore this

January 11, 2015 - 9:12am

Sorry if my english isn't good enough for you to understand. Add on- We did not do a pregnancy test yet. The anxiety now has made me not having good sleep and bad appetite. Please I need your professional advice and help! Her period is due in one week

January 11, 2015 - 7:01am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.


Sex 101

Get Email Updates

Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!