Q: 

how long does Postinor 2 last in your system

By October 24, 2013 - 11:15am

I had sex with my bf on the 19th October ,exactly 2 weeks after my period and the condom broke. I took Postinor 2 within 12 hours of the broken condom and i didnt have sex since.The Postinor 2 pill did not bring my period but i am getting slight stomach cramps. Is there any possible chance i can still become pregnant?

Anonymous

How long does P2 stays effective in the body system?

Hello Anon
It works in the body up to 5 days with the first 3 days being the most effective.

If I take P2 on Tuesday and have unprotected sex on Thursday I am still safe and don't need to take another P2?

I told it on Friday around 4:00pm and had another unprotected sex in the evening at 10pm...meaning no need of taking any other medicine

Anonymous

Good morning, I had unprotected sex with my bf two days after the ending of my period and he didn't pull out in time and came in me. This happened twice the same day. An hour after having sex I took the first P2 pill and then 12 hours after which, was the next day, I took the other pill. I just need to know if there is any possibility of me getting pregnant. Thank you!

Anonymous

I saw my period on Wednesday and it ended Sunday evening, I had sex with my boyfriend that night and took p2 the next morning which was Monday morning. We had unprotected sex again that evening and I was wondering what are my options. I wanted to take another p2 bit I was advised not to, and that I would not be pregnant.
please I need advice on what to do.

I'm in the same situation right now and I'd like to know what you did?

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex on 7th August then took P2 on 9 the August both tablets at once. My periods that month were late but came on time in September. Now in October av been experiencing cramps almost throughout, I experienced very light flow 6 days earlier than the expected date of periods and the periods haven't come since then. Meanwhile I feel cramps all the times and no discharge plus been having unprotected sex but when I took a pregnancy test it was negative. What could be wrong? Has the P2 affected my system that I can't conceive? Is there any remedy?

Hello Anon

P2 does not affect fertility but it sounds like you may have a hormonal disorder. A blood test can let you know more - contact your doctor.

Anonymous

I had sex on Friday with a condom and took postinor 2 at a go..on Monday morning I had stomach pain and vomiting what could it mean