Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

really enflamed ureathral opening on one side after sex

By Anonymous September 13, 2014 - 11:30pm
Rate This

I am 23yo female and my SO and I just had sex (kinda rough ) I felt my vagina afterwards and noticed a big bulge on one side of my ureathral opening. I looked in a mirror just to make sure it wasn't my labias, it was definetly ureathral opening. I'm super freaked out bc it looks like a blister almost. Do I go to a doctor or ice it bc of the swelling? I went pee and it didn't burn and it doesn't hurt to touch it. Wtf do I do :( help please.

Add a Comment1 Comments


Hi Anon -

Trauma to the urethra is not common, however, you need to be aware that it can cause significant problems. Injury can cause leakage of urine into surrounding tissues and result in swelling, inflammation, infection and abdominal pain. Urethral trauma can also cause the inability to urinate, retention of urine in the bladder and blood in the urine.

If you begin to experience pain then you should seek medical attention. Otherwise you will need to wait this out as your body heals from the trauma that it has experienced, and consider the need to prevent this from happening again. 

Hope that helps,


September 14, 2014 - 11:04am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.


Sex 101

Get Email Updates

Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!