Sorry, gentlemen, there is no known treatment as of this writing regarding erectile dysfunction, more commonly known as impotence. However, there are foods that have been shown to help the body function properly to enable the factors which influence erectile function. These foods are ingredients of easy appetizers, entrees, and even desserts.
There is no need to ingest Viagra and risk complications that may arise from taking it or any other chemical-laden pharmacological preparations. Below are some cooking recipes ingredients which can enhance erectile function that are all natural, health benefit-giving and of nutritional value:
• Dark green, leafy vegetables such as spinach and celery both have concentrated amounts of nitrates, proven vasodilators which increase the flow of blood by opening up the blood vessels that transport it. In 1998, U.S. Food and Drug Administration-approved erectile dysfunction medications included nitrates in their composition, citing that nitrates have a relaxing effect on blood vessels which supply blood to the penis.
• Dark chocolate has flavonoids which greatly help blood circulation, according to a study published by the journal, Circulation, which could help treat erectile dysfunction as a result of poor blood circulation. The anti-oxidants in dark chocolate’s flavonoids help in the repair of cellular damage, and the decrease in blood pressure and cholesterol levels, two factors that significantly affect erectile dysfunction.
• Pistachios can help improve a number of sexual issues including erectile dysfunction and sexual satisfaction in men. The protein known as arginine has been shown to relax the blood vessels, confirming the fact that healthy blood circulation is essential to satisfactory sexual health. Use pistachios in appetizer recipes to get their health giving-benefits.
• Zinc found in oysters is critical to the production the male hormone known as testosterone. When testosterone production is low, erectile dysfunction may occur as a result. Recent research presented to the American Chemical Society showed that raw shellfish such as oysters, long known to be aphrodisiacs, contain chemical substances that stimulate the release of sexual hormones in men and women.
• Watermelon’s effects on conditions of erectile dysfunction are now being likened to that of Viagra’s. Although its 92% composition is water, watermelons are still rich in phytonutrients which double as anti-oxidants, watermelons have properties that are capable of relaxing the blood vessels to transport blood properly to the penis, thus, providing the means to a healthy erection.
• Lycopene found in tomatoes, grapefruit and other fruits with deep red colors has been shown to help optimal blood circulation, and is therefore a good anti-erectile dysfunction agent. A vegetable soup recipe using lots of tomatoes should be able to provide a sufficient amount to reduce the incidence of erectile dysfunction. Some research showed that lycopene mixed with spinach and avocados can be a very potent combatant against erectile dysfunction, as well as male infertility and prostate cancer.