Facebook Pixel

Genital Skin Problems, Who Should A Woman See? - Dr. Kellogg Spadt (VIDEO)

Rate This

Dr. Kellogg Spadt shares who a woman should see if she develops a skin condition on her genitals.

Dr. Kellogg Spadt:
Often times the first person that a woman consults if she has skin changes, lesions, cuts, bumps on her vulva or on her labia or on her clitoral hood or on her clitoral body, these are gynecologists and that is a perfect place to start. If however, her symptoms are persistent and or the gynecologist does not specialize in skin conditions the woman can see a general dermatologist who could take a biopsy to identify what is going on in the skin areas or a sexual medicine expert who does specialize in the part of the body called the vulva, including all of the skin condition that can affect the vulva.

About Dr. Kellogg Spadt, Ph.D., C.R.N.P.:
Dr. Susan Kellogg Spadt is a Professor of OB/GYN at Drexel University College of Medicine, and professor of Human Sexuality at Widner University. She is also the Director of Vulvar Pain and Sexual Medicine at The Pelvic and Sexual Health Institute. She has her Ph.D. in Human Sexuality from the University of Pennsylvania; her post-masters certificate as an OB/GYN Practitioner from the University of Pennsylvania's Center for Professional Development; her MSN as a Maternal-Child Clinical Specialist from Loyola University and her BSN from the College of St. Teresa.

View Dr. Kellogg Spadt Videos:

Visit Dr. Kellogg Spadt at the Pelvic and Sexual Health Institute

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Get Email Updates

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!