One of my favorite places is the library. Any library is a wonderful place to find and ferret out inspirational quotes from books, magazines, posters, etc. Some of the best quotes are found on public billboards, T-shirts and even bumper stickers.
Inspirational quotes are important because they activate an emotional pulse point in our hearts and minds when we are in a distressing situation. The right quote can help us to see light at the end of the tunnel, and give us that extra burst of hope and courage to persevere.
Here are some inspirational quotes from some famous and some unknown people:
• Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
• Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist; but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.
– G.K. Chesterton
• When I was five years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy." They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them that they didn’t understand life.
– John Lennon
• Sometimes things fall apart so that better things can fall together
– Marilyn Monroe
• Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.
- Napoleon Hill
• You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take.
- Wayne Gretzky
• The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
- Amelia Earhart
• The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.
- Alice Walker
• An unexamined life is not worth living.
• I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
– Maya Angelou
• There are so many people out there who will tell you that you can’t. What you’ve got to do is turn around and say "watch me."