15 days late for my period am i pregnant?

By July 14, 2009 - 4:50am

hi, i'm very confused and dont know if im pregnant or not. my first day of my last period was on june 1. i and my boyfriend had our last sex on the 17 of june.on the 22nd of june i had a brown discharge and slight bleeding for 2 days or 3days and i remember my lower abdomen was hurting and i got back pain and i feel so tired that day (22nd june). my next period is due on the 29th of june but until now i havent got my period which makes it 15 days late. i took 2 pregnancy test first one on the 4th of july and 2nd one last night (13th of july) both are negative. i dont feel anything in my breast.i dont get morning sickness.its just sometimes my lower back is hurting.please help me...me and my boyfriend are hoping for a baby.

Anonymous

Hi, I'm 31, 8 years in relationship with my partner. Hoping to have a baby. Any advice about my situation. Thanks!
My last 3 month period are May 26, June 21, July 26. And now (Sept 10) still dont have my period. I took 2 HPT (early morning first pee) on Sept 1 and Sept 9(my partner's bday and requesting to have a gift from me wc is a positive result but sadly it came into a negative result. Im using pregnancy calculator since i noticed that my period was delay. I put 6 days for my days of period and 35 days for my menstrual cycle and it says on calculator I'm 11 days delayed and on the other hand when you count it from my last period its already 15 days. About symptoms, sometimes i feel the same symptoms when my first day period comes. Craving foods most of the time. Too sleepy. Bloated. Lower back pain and abdomen sometimes. Pee several times. A watery translucent/white discharge. Feel tired. Moody. Any advice. Thanks!

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Though urine pregnancy tests are reliable, a blood hCG test is more accurate. Reach out to your gynecologist, who can order the blood test, if considered appropriate.

Regards,

Anonymous

My Lmp was 29th July and I had sex with my boyfriend on 31st July, ie 3rd day of period. To be safe, I took an emergency contraceptive pill. My cycles are otherwise very regular, have never missed a period and they usually come in 28-30 days. Now it's been 12 days and no period. Should I be worried?

EC is up to 95% effective when taken within 24 hours but it's still not a guarantee. Take a test to know more.

Anonymous

Hi, I'm 15 days late on my period also. I missed my period for the month of August completely. My last period was July 11th. I tested 4 times and all are negative tests. I took the tests in the morning with fresh morning pee and I took them days apart. I'm sure I tested right. I have no pregnancy symptoms just tired like always but other than that none really. I just had a baby 9 months ago and he came early. I was 25 weeks and he was born 1lb 110z. I had placenta abruption. I'm scared to be pregnant all over again especially after all that and he was my first baby. He's now a Healthy 25 pounder he's the best. My period has always been on time maybe like 5 to 7 days late the max but never skipped a month ever. Not even after my first pregnancy did my cycle change. My period came back 2 months after I stopped breast feeding and it was a normal cycle. Well this time around my period would last like 8 -9 days longer than before my pregnancy. So we're now in September and period has gone MIA. not sure what to do. Can't go to the doctor no insurance just got canceled. My luck. Definitely not going to the emergency
I was hoping maybe someone has a possible answer. I know your not doctors but advice helps me. I'm going nuts.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Congratulations on your healthy baby son.

I think stress can be a likely cause for your delayed period. You have a newborn, are understandably fatigued and have had your health insurance cancelled.

It sounds like you tested properly. You can accept the negative test results. Though it is easier said than done, try to relax and rest whenever you get the chance. Decreasing your stress level can stimulate the start of your period.

During periods of prolonged stress, the body produces more of the hormone called cortisol. The increased level causes the body to shut down non essential functions. The menstrual cycle is one of these functions.

Hope this helps in some small way:)

Anonymous

Hello, I am 13 days delayed today.. My last period was July 17-19. Im irregular. Sometimes it is 3-4 days earlier or 3 up to 7 days delayed. However, i am delayed for 13 days already and i am so worried and stressed and overthinking about things. I have no morning sickness, or cravings or back pains. Totally no signs of pregnancy. Just had white ments and sore breast last time, which happens to me everytime my period will come.. Still, I'm worried.. I tried PT on my 10th day of being delayed but shows negative. Should i seek a doctor or just try 2-3 more PT. Please help

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Stress is known to cause a delay. The negative pregnancy test showed you are not pregnant.

I suggest you schedule an appointment with a gynecologist, who might be able to help with regulating your menstrual cycle.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hii I had my last periods on July 16 n now its 31 Aug I did had my periods.. My bf also cheated me n left me m baht worried m I pregnant?? But I tuk 2-3 times home pregnancy test n dey r negative wat shld I do?? But I have white discharge from vagina at some times.. My bf wld nvr help me out in dis m baht worried, wat shld I do??

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I am sorry to hear about this. Did you have a period this month of August? If you did , then you are not pregnant.
If you didn't get a period this month, when was it due?

Did you test in the morning? Did you test with the urine when you woke up and used the bathroom? Did you test once your period was late by at least a week?

If you tested properly, then you can accept the negative results.

Stress caused by your boyfriend walking out is a good cause for your period to be late.

Regards,