ask: 15 days late for my period am i pregnant?

By popap July 14, 2009 - 4:50am

hi, i'm very confused and dont know if im pregnant or not. my first day of my last period was on june 1. i and my boyfriend had our last sex on the 17 of june.on the 22nd of june i had a brown discharge and slight bleeding for 2 days or 3days and i remember my lower abdomen was hurting and i got back pain and i feel so tired that day (22nd june). my next period is due on the 29th of june but until now i havent got my period which makes it 15 days late. i took 2 pregnancy test first one on the 4th of july and 2nd one last night (13th of july) both are negative. i dont feel anything in my breast.i dont get morning sickness.its just sometimes my lower back is hurting.please help and my boyfriend are hoping for a baby.

Hi, I am still waiting for my period. It was supposed be here on the 8th. And still nothing. I had spotting Oct 27 until November 3. I have had all neg. I switched from patch to pill in Oct. I still had patch in my system for two more days. I was told to take pill and I'd be fine. I had sex, with no condom because I rash and get uti afterwards. Am I pregnant?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Currypowder)

Hello Currypowder,

At this point, contact your gynecologist, who can order a blood pregnancy test, tests to check your hormone levels, and can prescribe antibiotics to treat your UTI.

I last got my period on 6 October - today is my the 20 and I have not got my next cycle. I have done a home pregnancy test this morning and it is negative and did a blood test today and it also came out negative. But I am having what is normally associated as early pregnancy signs: nausea, lower abdomen cramps, high sense of smell ,tiredness, enjoy food that I normally don't like.. what might be the cause. It is still early to detect on whether I am pregnant or not or am I stressed. Please advise. Anonymous

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

No, a test would be accurate by now and certainly a blood test. PMS symptoms are very similar to early pregnancy symptoms so this could mean your period is on it's way. Your period may be late due to a hormonal shift, stress or other factors.

My last period was september 5th didnt have sex until 28 september everyday for two times a day. Now its october 15th and no period
Do you think im pregnamt?

It's possible, if you were not using protection. A pregnancy test would be accurate by now.

I am currently 13 days late on my period. My boyfriend and I have unprotected sex regularly but he always uses the "pull out" method. Except for one day. I was worried i check my ovulation calendar and the day it happened happen to be one of my very fertile days. I have a 28-30 day cycle never more or less. I started spotting 8days before my period was due. Bleeding lasted 4 days and was only visible after wiping. I looked up and it appered to be implantation bleeding. I have tested about 10 times with all types of pregnancy test they are all negative. Now im almost guessing that i can just be stressing myself out and its setting back my period. What are the chances of me being pregnant at this point if I keep testing negative. I tested today 13 days late.

Currypowder (reply to Anonymous)

You are pregnant.

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Stress can certainly cause a delay in the start of your period.

However, the "pull out" method is a very unreliable form of birth control. Having unprotected intercourse on your "fertile" days certainly can lead to pregnancy.

At this point, why not just wait and see what happens. If you do not have a normal menstrual flow in the next two weeks, contact your gynecologist. A blood hCG test may be recommended.

Hi, today my period marks 13 days late yesterday I took a pregnancy test but it was negative. I haven't been getting pms or pregnancy symptoms. Is their a possibility Of being pregnant or should I wait another week for a second test ?

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: