about age & periods

i would like to know if i have come on my period on 13th April and had a brownish bleed in 1 June this year 2011 what does that mean. im 44 years old and have been to my GP who said i have not yet hit my monopoles stage it was diagnose by a blood test. please can you explained what is happening to me. i did do a pregnant test & it came negative in 21 may & since then i have not done one. Simran Singh

Hi Simran

Thanks for your post! By monopoles, I assume you mean menopause? If so, you may not be in menopause but you may be in the phase before it called "perimenopause". This happens anywhere from the late 30s to the late 40s (the average start of menopause is about the age of 52) and it starts with irregular periods, skipping a month or two here or there and also can cause the occasional hot flush, forgetfulness and decreased libido. You can read a lot more here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/perimenopause

Tell me what you think!

Menopause Guide