Always constipated and bloated? How do I fix this?

By February 18, 2015 - 5:46pm

so I always find myself constipated and bloated. For as long as I can remember. I didn't realize how much so until recently. I decided to take laxatives to help clean out my system. Not a pleasant experience but an enlightening one for sure. I realized how much my stomach held onto. Afterwards, there was a lot of pressure taken off of my stomach entirely. I also didn't realize that I felt heaviness/fullness on the lower right side of my abdomen. I felt relief afterwards. My stomach shrank to about half it's size and I didn't feel uncomfortable anymore. But as usual my stomach reached back to it's normal size even after a little bit of food and water. A little while later I added iron supplements to my diet because I was informed that I was slightly anemic. They did wonders for me. I had a surplus of energy and even felt motivated to do things. Normally I feel fatigued, exhausted, and neither sad/happy. These supplements also helped me cleanse my system as well. I had to stop because I realized I was taking more than I needed. I felt better for the short while I took them until I reached some discomforting consequences.

I also believe I'm either lactose intolerant or sensitive. Whenever I have milk, yogurt, ice-cream (haven't had in a long time) my stomach always regrets it.

Whenever I do have a natural BM I still feel bloated and constipated.

What can I do to keep my digestive system healthy and regular? Even when I eat healthy and light and workout...my stomach isn't affected. I feel as if something is stuck or blocking the path to a healthier digestive tract.

Hi again dreamconfetti

Thanks for your post.

Fiber can help digestion, prevent constipation, lowers cholesterol and can help reduce risk of chronic diseases. Some foods that are high in fiber and gluten free are.

Chickpeas/Garbanzo beans

Dark Chocolate

Gluten-Free Oats

Sweet Potatoes

Along with a diet rich in fiber, drinking plenty of water can also help with constipation or having hard stool.

I also think you should see your doctor and ask to best tested for food intolerance and allergies. 

Hope this has helped.

Constipation Guide