Am I Pregnant?

By May 22, 2014 - 9:21am

Hi, I recently had some vaginal bleeding during my normal period dates, but during that time I noticed my period was very light. Even my boyfriend commented on how light it was, because we were able to have sex during my period and we usually never can because my flow is so heavy. I've also noticed I've been very moody. I woke up a few mornings ago and started crying because of a dream I had. That has never happened before. Along with all that I have been eating ALOT, and I've been almost constipated.

We have sex almost every day, and it's always unprotected. But we didn't think we could get pregnant because he has had testical cancer, and I had 3 abdominal surgeries.
I took a pregnancy test, but it came back negative. And my next period won't be for another 3 weeks or so. Do you think I'm pregnant?

Hi, i just wanna ask something.. My last period was April 24.. i normally have 3 days only so it stopped by 27.. Me and my boyfriend is TTC so we had unprotected sex on the night of 28 and 30.. i totally lose track of that until i have strange feelings this few weeks likes my breast feel pain.. then im usually sleepy, im so moody and emotional and my body starts to bloat.. As i was expecting to have my period this month.. it came 5 days early.. which is May 19.. only lasted for 2 days.. the first day i had mt pad full but not on the second day.. Now.. i havent done any HPT yet but i feel my tummy is bigger that the usual no vomitting but having headaches and cramps and also somw slight pain on my sides. i also tend to urinate more often than usual.. could i be pregnant?

HERWriter Guide (reply to imyourhappyending)

Hi imyourhappyending,

It's unlikely that you are pregnant since you had a short period and your symptoms could be related to thinking you might be pregnant - our brains have quite a lot of control over our bodies! 

But stranger things have happened so it's a good idea to take a test to know for sure. Also, if you are trying to get pregnant you need to have more sex - sex on the 28th and the 30th could result in pregnancy but it may be too early - you should continue on for the next 10 days or so. 

I had my entire colon removed, and a j pouch created inside me using my small intestine. Drs told me it might have made it to where I can't conceive, but they can't be sure. We just have been having unprotected sex for almost a year, and haven't ended up pregnant. I'm really hoping I am, and it's not my mind playing tricks on me.

HERWriter Guide (reply to kaitlinmckayla)

Hi again

I'm sorry you've had these health problems - they can't be easy. 

I would consider yourself not pregnant due to the negative tests but if you are late next month, retest. 

Good luck, I hope you get your wish come true! 

Hi kaitlinmckayla

We cannot tell you if this means you are pregnant but it sounds like you got your period, even if it was very light. 

Many men do become infertile due to testicular cancer treatments but depending in the treatment he could be fertile. He needs to look into this and get tested to see if he is fertile or not. 

What kind of abdominal surgeries have you had? This is also not an indicator that you are also infertile. 

Have you had confirmation that you cannot conceive?