Am very worried about my hair because it is falling off from the front and not growing back fast enough . What can i do before i become bald at 31 years?

By August 1, 2011 - 9:24am

my hair has been falling out for the last two years and it appears strong yet it keeps on falling out.

I have alopecia and have been living with it for 15 years.I have no hair what so ever. I lost my scalp hair, arm, under arm, eye brows, and eyelashes.... completely gone! Is it falling off in patches ? This can be more of an emotional thing for a woman but remember that you are still beautiful and there are alternatives that you can look for as in adding hair replacements. If you have any questions, feel free to ask

Hi Achiro

You need to see a dermatologist or a hair specialist to see what's going on with your scalp and hair. You may be suffering from some kind of deficiency that is causing baldness or have a hair loss condition like alopecia.

Also, have you been using harsh chemical products on your hair, or do you braid it? This can cause frontal balding. Please update us with more information when you can!

Thanks Susan, i have been braiding it for sometime and also putting some chemicals but they are just falling off especially from the front. Compared to that of my friends which are blossoming, mine is balding from the front.

HERWriter Guide (reply to Achiro)

Hi again, Achiro

Thanks for the update!

I wrote an article some time ago about how braiding can causes baldness, especially from the top to front. You can take a look at the article here, I'd be interested to read your input! http://www.empowher.com/skin-hair-amp-nails/content/braiding-and-weaving-linked-baldness-black-women