Any luck with propecia, or Tricomin, etc?

By April 23, 2010 - 7:40am

I have excessive thin hair, don't loose alot bbut the hair shaft diameter is so miniturized that you can see my scalp. Has anyone had any sucess with non surgical products? Thanks ladies

My advise would be to go to a dermatologist for professional advise. A proper hair loss diagnosis is important to decide what treatment may or may not work. There are many causes of hair loss and there are many treatments. Not every treatment works for every condition. Personally, I would want to see a specialist before I used any over the counter products. They can be expensive! Hope this helps.

HERWriter Guide (reply to Susan Beausang)

Thank you, Susan, for your great input, as always!

Jan, let us know what you decide to do!

Hi Idesign50

Thanks so much for your question and welcome!

I have not used any of these products but have read that they have worked for many and not worked for many! But some these products are geared toward male hairloss and are not recommended for women. If you are pregnant or could become pregnant, you cannot go near Propecia or even handle a pill.

Tricomin and Rogaine is thought to be safe for women to use. And the kind of hairloss is also important to know. Some work for receding hairlines or for male pattern baldness, others may work well on women.

We have some members here with a good working knowledge (and personal experience) of hair loss. Let me contact them for you and see what they can contribute. You should receive some answers in the next couple of days!

Thank you Susan, that would be wonderful. Jan