Is This Anything Normal?

By April 12, 2012 - 6:48pm

Hi, It has been a couple of months that my menstrual period flow is very light does this mean something is wrong? I haven't done anything different I eat the same way, I eat healthy and my daily habits are all the same. Please let me know more about this.

I see okay. I do know I get my periods on time so this way I know it's normal.

My daily habits and eatings are all normal. So I don't see anything wrong in general but I heard for light period flow means that your reaching perimenopause, I'm 28 years old do you think it's possible?

Thank You,

HERWriter Guide (reply to Melissa6666)

Hi Melissa!

Anything is possible but it's not probable. As light flow doesn't "mean" someone is in perimenopause. It is not a definitive sign of anything at all. As Daisy said, our periods can be different for no particular reason and evolve with us as we get older. If you are worried, talk to your doctor. And it's fine to ask your doctor anything you want, at any time.

Hi Melissa6666,

Welcome back! Your menstrual cycles will change many times throughout your life. From heavier or lighter, longer or shorter. It can also be cause by any new medication, stress or many other things.  If you still feel concerned it might be good to see your OBGYN.