Blood after going to the toilet?

Hello .. For the past couple of days I have noticed a lot more blood than usual after going to the toilet for a number two! It kind of hurt but still before its been little dots of blood and recently it's been more... I'm not sure whether I should go to the doctors or not?! Please help ASAP!! Thanks.

Thanks for your post.

Firstly, relax a bit. I know it's scary but it may be something simple, although uncomfortable.

Hemorrhoids are common culprits of bleeding when using the bathroom (taking a poop!). This may be what is going on with you.

You may have something else going on like a rectal tear but I do think it's a good idea to be seen by a doctor. Often times a quick look (I know, it's uncomfortable but it takes less than 10 seconds) can be all it needs. If not, you can talk with your doctor about looking more closely into what may be going on.

Thank you. I don't know if it could be hemarroids as when I pass a stool sometimes it can be slightly painful and difficult to pass which results in bleeding? I'll book a doctors appointment. Thank you.