Breast and underarm pain

By March 22, 2016 - 8:06pm

About 5 months ago I found a lump in my right breast. I seen my PCP she had made me a mammogram and ultrasound appointment. Mammogram came back okay but ultrasound showed something that they said looked like a cyst but she said she wasn't sure to come back in 6 months. Around January I started having pain in my right breast and underarm it has started to get worse by the months. I now am having numbing in my hand and filling very fatigued. I woke one day with bad pain in coller bone and neck it was from my breast and arm to the neck. I went to see my PCP she told me I was having this kind of pain because I pinched a nerve and breast pain was from was from my period but I had my period 2week ago. I had told her why is my underarm swollen she said quite playing with it. I don't know what to do I am in pain and feeling horrible. I can't understand what this could be if my doctor is telling me I have nothing wrong with me.

Hi Jenn@75

Your doctor seems a bit disinterest in your health concerns it seems.

Numbness could indeed be from a nerve issue and most lumps found in the breast are harmless.

You may have swollen nodes in your breast and underarm- a virus is often the cause of swollen lymph nodes so this may be the case - you may want to get checked to see if you have a low-grade virus which could also explain why you feel unwell.

We have a great thread about breast and underarm discomfort with many stories of women's experiences (and test results/solutions). I encourage you to read it here: http://www.empowher.com/community/ask/pain-under-armpit-and-breast-area

If your doctor won't help you, I suggest you ask for a referral. Your concerns should always be taken seriously.

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide