A breast lump, already been checked, but still there.

I have a lump in my breast that rolls, it was found by my OBGYN 2 years ago she sent me in for an ultrasound and they determined it was nothing. But 2 years, a baby, and almost a year of breast feeding later, it is still there. I have my yearly in 2 months, but do I need to get it checked again before then? Or is it ok to wait till I see my OBGYN at the end of Dec?

Dear Anon

Breast lumps are not uncommon with women and the good news is that most are harmless. You may have cysts (and they sometimes "roll"). Do you have any history of cysts? Please read more here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/breast-cysts

The above link will also lead to many questions and answers from women with similar stories.

If you are worried, you can ask for your lump to be biopsied so that you can find out the status of your lump (cysts tend to come and go so having one permanent lump may warrant further investigation.)

What we can say for sure is that if you have no conclusive answers, then requesting more testing is the right thing to do. No woman wants to have a lump in their breast with no answers as to why it's there.

You can put a call in now to see if you can get in earlier or wait till December - it's not that far away. That's up to you.

Please keep us posted and our best to you,

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide