breast tenderness

By March 5, 2013 - 6:15pm

March of 2012 I found out I was pregnant. About 3 months later I miscarried. My period went back to normal for the most part, but within the last 3-4 months my breasts get super tender about two weeks before my period. ( It used to be about a week before and the pain wasn't that bad) .. It feels like a large lump in both breasts and they are tender on the sides the most. The lump decreases quite a bit when I am not on my period, but I don't know why it is there and if it might have something to do with being pregnant before. If anyone could help answer my question please let me know! Very confused.

Hello jra513,

I can appreciate your concern. The large lump in each breast needs to be evaluated by your physician. It is possible that these lumps are breast cysts that are hormone dependent.

To put your mind at ease, call your physician and report this. An ultrasound of the breast or mammogram may be ordered.

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide