build up of hard plaque on scalp, which Dr. says is not paorasis.

By Anonymous February 8, 2011 - 3:00pm

I have used many oils to soften it and then scrape it off with nail file or fingernails, within 2 hrs. its back again. saw skin specialist, not much help there, hair very thin and falling out. I have to wash out oil everymorn, trying to get this plaque off my scalp because it itches is like peeling a rock. Checked everything I can find on internet. Hope you can help me. Thank you By the way I am 76 yrs.old.

Thanks for your thoughts as well, I have the same problem. However, I saw a Dermatologist a couple yrs ago, and she says it psoriosis. I believe it something different.

Please help!!!!

Thanks so much for your question. Since you have been to your doctor and been told what it's NOT, I'm going to present your question to one of our medical experts. Please give us a few days to get a response.

Also, are you seeing a regular doctor or a dermatologist? It's important that you see the latter -