Can bromelain be used safely with eliquis?

By September 21, 2016 - 11:03am

I'd like to try bromelain extract for muscle pain caused by eliquis. However < I see it may increase
the chance for bleeding. Any safe levels? I can no longer deal with this horrible pain. I will go off the
eliquis if I have to. I can't live with it any more.
thanks.

Hi irish queen

For the benefit of our readers, Eliquis is a medication used to prevent blood clots.

Bromelain is an enzyme found in fresh pineapple (not canned, interestingly enough) that is thought to be good for helping with muscle pain (as well as many other ailments) although there doesn't seem to be much scientific evidence to support this.

Since blood clotting is a serious issue, you need to make sure you should take bromelain with this. Please refer to your doctor. My own daughter is highly allergic to bromelain (if you can eat fresh pineapple, you're not allergic!) and all supplements taken to help with side effects from prescription medications should be evaluated by your doctor first.

I'm sorry you're having such bad side effects. I hope you get a solution soon.

Blood Clots

Blood Clots Guide