Can I be pregnant?

By October 21, 2012 - 6:15pm

I lost my virginity a week before my expected period. About 12 hours later I took the plan b pill. I had bleeding for about 3 days after taking the plan b pill, but I'm not sure if it's because of the pill or the fact that I lost my virginity. I am now a day late from my period, but experiencing fatigue and cramps as if i'm going to start my period.

Also, I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. (But it's ONLY been a WEEK since I had sex..)

Hi a_t123,

Welcome to EmpowHER.  The bleeding might be caused by Plan B.  According to Plan B, side effects can include an earlier or later, heavier or lighter period.  

Here are some resource for you

Sexual Health 101