Can I get pregnant if I miss my birth control 3 days in a row?

By November 9, 2010 - 12:11pm

I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on tuesday and missed my birth control wednesday, thrusday and friday. I took Saturday's pill but could I get pregnant it was during my 3rd week on that pack.

Anonymous

Hi
Last month i missed the last 3 active pill in week 3 i still had the inactive pill period and started a new pack at the end of it so altogether had no pill for 10 days. I am now in the inactive period of the next month and day 4 still no period...i did have unprotected sex mutliple times in between now and then...am i at risk of pregnancy and should o be taking a test before starting active pills again.

Thanks

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Yes, it would be wise to take a pregnancy test, if you do not have withdrawal bleeding, before starting a new pack.

Regards,

Anonymous

Good day .

Please I want to ask about diane pills

Im taking for sunday and monday the next three days I miss but I actually maintain the other days straight from friday to wednesday and I have contact in wednesday is it possible to get pregnant or Im still protected.

Please help me for this im scared to get pregnant. Thank you.

Michelle

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello Michelle,

Missing three doses in a row and having intercourse without a backup method does put you at risk for becoming pregnant.

The daily dose of the birth control pill keeps your hormone levels at a constant level to prevent ovulation. By missing three consecutive doses, hormone levels drop. This can cause you to ovulate. With a released egg, having sex can lead to pregnancy.

Regards,

Hello all i am 33 just removed my IUD and taking pills as back up birth control 1st time to use it.
i missed 3 consecutive pills on Jan 10-12 and had unproteted sex on the 3rd day which on 12th of the same month then totally stopped taking the pills, after 3 days i had menstruation but i am not sure if that was my period bcoz it only took 1 day and not heavy like the usual not very red and it almost brown. Until now i don't have my period for the month of February. i felt my boobs is getting heavy and having big appetite is there any posibility that i might get pregnant? However, i am still expecting my period bcoz sensitive breast and having big apeptite is also sign of period is coming. Please advice.

Guide (reply to LIMUWAY)

Hello LIMUWAY,

If you do not get a period at all, or you are late by more than seven days, take a home pregnancy test. For the most accurate result, test in the morning. Use the urine when you first wake up.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi, my period came a week before it was supposed to,
The next week I had unprotected sex.
I forgot to take the pill the week my period came, and the next week (when it was supposed to come)
Will I be pregnant?
How long does it take to find out

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

What pill did you forget to take?

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

The birth control pill

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

If you missed one pill, did you make up for it by taking two pills?

If you missed more than one pill, did not make up for the missed doses, your partner did not use a condom, and you had sex during those days, there is a chance you could have gotten pregnant.

Wait for the week of inactive pills. If you do not have withdrawal bleeding at all that week, take a pregnancy test.

Regards,