Can I get pregnant if I miss my birth control 3 days in a row?

By November 9, 2010 - 12:11pm

I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on tuesday and missed my birth control wednesday, thrusday and friday. I took Saturday's pill but could I get pregnant it was during my 3rd week on that pack.

Anonymous

I take ortho trip cyclen, I missed 4 pills this month, 2 one week and 2 last week, I had breakthrough bleeding last week. Now I'm on my inactive pills and it's time for my period, I started bleeding yesterday and now it's gone. Is this normal 1

When you don't take your pills as prescribed, then there is a risk of irregularity and pregnancy so it's "normal" in that sense.

If pregnancy is a concern, a test should be accurate a week from now.

Anonymous

Hello Maryann
I missed my pills friday, saturday and sunday, I had sex on saturday, and sunday. this is on the 2 week of my cycle, I started to bleed on monday like my regular period and it ended on Friday. I am just wondering if I could still be pregnant?

Anonymous

Good day. I had my period 25 Aug. Had intercourse 30,2 4. Didnt drink my pill 2,3,4,5. Started to bleed the 6. Ovulation caluclator shows i will ovulate today. Will i fall pregnant.

We don't know. Nobody can tell someone if they will become pregnant or not other than your chances have been raised since you missed pills.

Anonymous

I missed taking my birth control Tues, Weds, Thurs. Friday I realized and took all three and continued to take my Friday at normal time. Now its Sunday and Ive been cramping and bleeding for 2 days. Bleeding heavily like a period. Is this my "period" technically? should I start a new pack today or wait until the bleeding stops?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

The heavier bleeding is most likely the result of missing three active pills and taking four pills at once. Please contact your gynecologist as to whether you should wait for the bleeding to stop before starting a new pack.

Regards,

Anonymous

Please help me out because I 've been feeling really paranoid since last week.

I've been taking Gildess Fe Combination pill (21 days active, 7 inactive ) since April of this year . I had sex with my boyfriend ( ejaculated on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday morning. ) That sunday I started a new pack and the friday the same week I forgot to take the pill and didn't remember till the next day. I took two pills at the same time on that Saturday. Following the next day, I've had breakthrough bleeding for 6 days.

What are my chances of being pregnant? I feel really paranoid about this and it's been making me anxious.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I do not know why this happened. It is unusual. Please contact your gynecologist today.

Keep in touch,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

I contacted my doctor and she said that the bleeding is normal if I miss a pill and double of the next day. She did say if I continue to be paranoid to set up an appointment to talk to her about it.