Can I get pregnant if I miss my birth control 3 days in a row?

By November 9, 2010 - 12:11pm

I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on tuesday and missed my birth control wednesday, thrusday and friday. I took Saturday's pill but could I get pregnant it was during my 3rd week on that pack.

Anonymous

Hi, my period came a week before it was supposed to,
The next week I had unprotected sex.
I forgot to take the pill the week my period came, and the next week (when it was supposed to come)
Will I be pregnant?
How long does it take to find out

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

What pill did you forget to take?

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

The birth control pill

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

If you missed one pill, did you make up for it by taking two pills?

If you missed more than one pill, did not make up for the missed doses, your partner did not use a condom, and you had sex during those days, there is a chance you could have gotten pregnant.

Wait for the week of inactive pills. If you do not have withdrawal bleeding at all that week, take a pregnancy test.

Regards,

Anonymous

I suppose to take my first week of pill three days ago (Wed thursday and friday) but i missed it. then on saturday i had sex with my boyfriend unprotected but he did not came inside me. Can i still take my pills like regular

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

There was a better chance of getting pregnant by having unprotected sex while you missed the first three active pills added on to one week of inactive pills.

Have you been taking your pills each day since Saturday?
Check with your gynecologist.

Regards,

Anonymous

I take ortho trip cyclen, I missed 4 pills this month, 2 one week and 2 last week, I had breakthrough bleeding last week. Now I'm on my inactive pills and it's time for my period, I started bleeding yesterday and now it's gone. Is this normal 1

When you don't take your pills as prescribed, then there is a risk of irregularity and pregnancy so it's "normal" in that sense.

If pregnancy is a concern, a test should be accurate a week from now.

Anonymous

Hello Maryann
I missed my pills friday, saturday and sunday, I had sex on saturday, and sunday. this is on the 2 week of my cycle, I started to bleed on monday like my regular period and it ended on Friday. I am just wondering if I could still be pregnant?

Anonymous

Good day. I had my period 25 Aug. Had intercourse 30,2 4. Didnt drink my pill 2,3,4,5. Started to bleed the 6. Ovulation caluclator shows i will ovulate today. Will i fall pregnant.