Q: 

Can I trust my home pregnancy test result?

Hello there!
I have read that if your Hcg level is too high you can get a false negative. At what stage, meaning at what weak in pregnancy is the hcg level too high for urine test to be detected? If I do a hpt at week 10 should hpt still work fine and show accurate results?

Thank you!

Hello Anon

Thank you for your post.

I have not heard that hcg levels can be too high to be detected on a test; that doesn't really make sense. You could ask your doctor about this.

The vast majority of women get a proper result from urine pregnancy tests as soon as they miss a period. Pregnancy tests are more than 99% accurate. But nothing is perfect; a blood test or scan can let you know for sure.

Thank you Ms.Susan!
Anon

Tags: