Can someone get diabetis from blood contact ?

By May 14, 2012 - 11:42am

Is it possible to get diabetis from blood contact? I was helping a diabetis to get her blood and I mistake chuck the pin on my thumb immidiatel after I have chucken the pin on her thumb... I quckly put on my thumb an alcoholic ... But still having fear not to get diabetis from my carelessness, thanks.

Hi omolayo

You cannot get diabetes from another person. However, you can pick up infections from this kind of accident, including HIV and Hepatitis. Please contact your doctor about getting tested and ask for information on any preventative medication you can be given. You should do this today.

Good luck,

Diabetes Guide