Can you get pregnant from missing pills after unprotected sex?

I am a first day starter and missed the first pill of my pack (started a day late) I take Yaz. according to the pill pack, it says missing only one in the first week requires no back up protection. At the end of that first week (The day after the last day of withdrawal bleeding) I had unprotected sex, though my partner withdrew. On Tuesday and Wednesday (the sex was on sunday) I missed my pills, and doubled up on Thursday and Friday. What are the chances of pregancy?

Anonymous

What if u lost a one day pill??? In 1st week of new pack, missed Sunday pill then sex doubled up Monday. Then sex Thursday in the same week I drop the pill on thursday & couldn't find the pill in my car, had spotting 3days straight. Should I takes test?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

When you miss one active pill, make it up as soon as possible. Back it up with added protection, like a condom, if you miss two or more pills.

Too early to est. Wait for withdrawal bleeding during the week of inactive pills. No flow, then test.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi,
i'm concern about a situation which is that i forgot twice in the same week (week 2 of Yaz 8-14) to take the pill. i took them the moment i remembered. So, on day 8 i forgot and i took 2 pills on day 9. But on day 11 i missed again, so on day 12 i took 2 pills.
and i had sex on day 12. Should i go to the doctor?

Hello Anon

You need to be more careful about taking your pills but since you made both up properly, you should be ok. By all means call your doctor if you have further concerns.

Anonymous

Hi,
I am taking the Tri-Estarylla birth control pills. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on a Sunday, the day I started my 2nd row in the pack. I took the pill that Sunday on time (I take it around 6:30pm) but then the following two days after (Monday and Tuesday) I missed. I realized Tuesday night around 1am that I had missed both so I took Monday's and Tuesday's pills right away. Today is Wednesday and I am going to be taking the pill at my normal time. Can I be pregnant? And should I get emergency contraceptive? I'm nervous because today is the last day to take it since they say up to 72 hours after unprotected sex. I am scared I may be pregnant since I missed the two pills exactly after unprotected sex.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You did make up for the missed dose as soon as you realized it. But, you did miss two doses and were without an active pill for 55 hours.

Please call your gynecologist's office before taking an ECP. I do not feel comfortable advising you, because you have continue to take your pills, and I do realize time is running out.

Regards,

Anonymous

I started Bc on the first day of my period oct 8th. I was on my 6th day when I had unprotected sex oct 13. On oct 16 I stopped birth control and had unprotected sex again with a different person. My pregnancy shows I got pregnant on oct 17. Any help as to who the father is?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

A paternity test is the guaranteed way to determine who is the father of your baby. Most likely, partner number one.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Is the birth control taken into account at all?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Yes. Yo didn't take it, had sex, and became pregnant.