Q: 

Can you get pregnant from missing pills after unprotected sex?

I am a first day starter and missed the first pill of my pack (started a day late) I take Yaz. according to the pill pack, it says missing only one in the first week requires no back up protection. At the end of that first week (The day after the last day of withdrawal bleeding) I had unprotected sex, though my partner withdrew. On Tuesday and Wednesday (the sex was on sunday) I missed my pills, and doubled up on Thursday and Friday. What are the chances of pregancy?

Anonymous

Hello, I just got off a antibiotic on Monday. Had unprotected sex on Wednesday and missed my pill on Wednesday and Thursday. I took one of the missed Friday morning and one Friday night. I then missed Saturday night pill and took it Sunday morning. I am having withdraw bleeding. I am on cyclafem 1/35. I am on my second week in my pack of pills. Is there a chance I could be pregnant from the night we had unprotected sex?

Anonymous

Hi! I've been taking Alesse 28 for a year now. I have been very good taking it everyday between 8:00pm-10:00pm, until Sunday (May 21) I forgot to bring it with me. I had unprotected sex at 11pm Sunday, and again at 9:00am Monday (May 22). Then I got home at 3:00pm Monday (May 22), I took my May 21 pill right away, then at 8:30pm, I took my Monday pill. What are the chances that I'll get pregnant? The pill I missed was the 2nd Sunday in the pack. Thank you.

Anonymous

I took my pill then had sex that day...I missed the next days pill and took two today...could I be pregnant?

Hello Anon
As long as you made your pill up the next day and that days too (meaning today, and you did) you are not at additional risk for pregnancy.

Anonymous

Hi i just want to ask i missed 1 pill on my 8th day and then on the 9th day my partner and i have a unprotected sex and i take only 1 pill at night and havent take another pill..now on my 12th day i have a bleeding spot is there another chance that i'll be pregnant? Please help.

Hello Anon

The spotting is likely due to missing your pill, you should have made it up. Keep taking your pills as usual and if you don't get your period you can take a test but your risk is very low.

Anonymous

Hi,
During my first week of a new pack, starting on a Saturday. I took it as normal at 9am everyday until Friday i has unprotected sex (but he pulled out) and forgot my pill. I took it at 11pm- 12am that night when I got home. Following Saturday (coming to a week of the pill) I had unprotected sex twice. After the first time, he did not urinate or wash, instead he wiped off with tissues. Im currently now towards the end of the second week but I'm an over thinker and I've been sick with cold and flu with uneasy stomach of having the urge to vomit. Is there a chance I may be pregnant?

Hello Anon

You made up your missed pill correctly and it was only 15 hours late. There is no additional risk.

Anonymous

Hi,
So I'm on the sronyx pill and I had unprotected sex my second week. Then I missed two pills during my fourth week but made up the pills by taking two the next day but I had dropped my pill and couldn't find it that Saturday which was the day before my placebo. Now i am two days late. What are my chances of being pregnant??

Anonymous

Hi last night I missed my pill and had unprotected sex today with my boyfriend but he did not finished, I took two pills today to make up for yesterday, could I still become pregnant