Q: 

Can you get pregnant from missing pills after unprotected sex?

I am a first day starter and missed the first pill of my pack (started a day late) I take Yaz. according to the pill pack, it says missing only one in the first week requires no back up protection. At the end of that first week (The day after the last day of withdrawal bleeding) I had unprotected sex, though my partner withdrew. On Tuesday and Wednesday (the sex was on sunday) I missed my pills, and doubled up on Thursday and Friday. What are the chances of pregancy?

Anonymous

QUESTION!!! I've been googling it but i cant find the answer anywhere..so im on Tri Lo Estarylla pills and im on the second month, and i had unprotected sex and 2 days later i took my pill an hour and a half late..now the past couple days I've had super light bleeding and i just stopped and im suppose to start my period in about 5-7 days. Am i pregnant?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Did you take your daily pill on time the day you had intercourse?

Taking a dose 1 1/2 hour later should not have reduced your protection enough to lead to ovulation.

However, to be safe, either call to speak with your gynecologist, or wait and if you do not have withdrawal bleeding as expected, take a home pregnancy test.

Keep us updated,

Anonymous

I usually take my minipill at 8 in the morning everyday, but I missed it yesterday (April 18) and had intercourse around 3 am today. What should I do, is there a possibility of getting pregnant? Please help, thanks!

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

When you miss one minipill, you take a pill as soon as you remember and take the next one at the usual time. This may mean taking two pills in one day. If you only miss one pill and make it up, you probably will not get pregnant. Use a backup method for 2 weeks.

Cannot predict if you became pregnant or not.

Regards,

Anonymous

I did not take the last active pill in last months pack. I had a short, very light period which isn't really abnormal. I started the new pack 2 days late but mafe up the pills. I had unprotected sex with ejaculation on first day of my third week of active pills. Missed my pill that day but made it up. I was just wondering if not taking the last active pill last month and starting two days late this month, and missing 1st day of third week, but making it up, would cause possible ovulation.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Missing the last two active pills in the pack would not have triggered ovulation.

Making up for the missed doses was the right thing to do and should not have triggered ovulation,.

Regards,

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex (although he didn;t come in me) on March 26 which was the first day of my new pill pack. I took my pill that day and then, Monday and Tuesday. I forgot Wednesday but took 2 on Thursday. I've been on track the rest of the month. Yesterday I started some brown spotting and I still had it today. I start my placebo pills this coming Sunday and should get my period in a week.

I'm just concerned about the spotting- I read about implantation bleeding.

Hello Anon

It's doubtful this is implantation bleeding as you made up your pill correctly. You can take a test next week if your period doesn't come.

Anonymous

so i had unprotected sex the day before i stared a new pack of pills and then i couldn't het to the pharmacy to get the new ones till monday so i finished pack sunday and had to wait till monday around 4 which left me with no pill from sunday at 11pm to monday around 4 what are my chances of pregnancy

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You would not have been at risk for becoming pregnant unless you had intercourse on the days you did not take a pill.

Regards,