Can you get pregnant from missing pills after unprotected sex?

I am a first day starter and missed the first pill of my pack (started a day late) I take Yaz. according to the pill pack, it says missing only one in the first week requires no back up protection. At the end of that first week (The day after the last day of withdrawal bleeding) I had unprotected sex, though my partner withdrew. On Tuesday and Wednesday (the sex was on sunday) I missed my pills, and doubled up on Thursday and Friday. What are the chances of pregancy?

Anonymous

Hi, thank you so much for answering all of these.
I missed my pill yesterday and had unprotected sex yesterday and the day before. I took my pill this morning, about 15 hours after I took my pill the day before. I'm on a combined pill and it was the second active pill in the pack (Week 1). Should I worry about pregnancy or get Plan B or other emergency contraceptives? Thanks!

Hello Anon

As long as your made it up the next day and took your next pill at it's usual time you will be covered and there will be no need to take any other precautions.

Anonymous

Hello,
I was due to start a new pack of pills on a Sunday night . I was out of town and did not get them until again until Wednesday night. Wednesday night when I returned home, I took Sunday nights pill, and then Thursday morning I took Monday's missed pill, and that night Tuesday nights missed pill, etc. until I was back on track. My question is, the Friday night before my new pack I started having sex about twice a day Friday night- Wednesday morning. But not since. My question is since I started my pill pack so late and had unprotected sex all those days and times while not on the new pack, should I be worried about pregnancy? Everything I read said if it's sex for 7 days after to use protection. But I didn't find anything based on unprotected sex during that time.

Hello Anon

You should have used condoms from the day you started taking the pills (Wed) to at least the following Wed. If this didn't happen then there is a risk of pregnancy. To what extent we can't say but there is some risk.

I didn't have sex again after I started the pills. I'm referring to having sex the last few days of my placebo pills, and the first 3 days I missed the pills. I'm asking if there is a risk since I started the pills 3 days late after my break. When I returned home and started my pack, I did not have sex. So basically I started my placebo week on 12/25. On 12/30- 1/4 I had sex twice a day. I was due to start a new pack of pills on Sunday 1/1 but did not start them until 1/4. I only had sex while missing the pills, but not once since starting them.

Hello again

Apologies for my confusion; I answer these questions all week and I rarely read incorrectly but it can happen.

There is still a risk, yes, since sperm can stay alive in the body for up to 5 days. Since you didn't take your pills at the start, you could have ovulated. There is no way to know other than taking a pregnancy test if you don't get your next bleeding when expected.

Anonymous

Hello, I was 11 hours late taking a pill in my 2nd week, took the pill as soon as I got home from work and took the rest as scheduled. I had sex 2 days later is there a chance I could get pregnant? I had a light period with only spotting.

Hello Anon

You made up your pill a half day after you missed it and had a period (periods are generally light when on the pill) so there is no risk. You're not pregnant.

Anonymous

I am on the combined pill. During my week of withdrawal bleeding I had unprotected sex but then missed the first pill of my next pack. I took it the following day as well as the pill for that day at the regular time. What do you think, should I be worried?

Hello Anon

Since you made up your pill the next day, you will be covered. There is no additional risk.