can you get pregnent if it did go in a bit but dont think nothing came out?

By November 1, 2008 - 10:03pm

can you get pregnent is the penis went in abit but dont think sperm came out???

I have a similar question...My boyfriend did not penetrate me but he pressed his penis against my vagina. I don't know if he had pre-cum or not. The day after this happened, I got my period, and it was a normal cycle for me. I have been off of my period for two days now and feel extremely hungry and have noticed a bit of weight gain. What does this mean for me? Is this hormones from my recent menstrual cycle or could I be pregnant?

(reply to Anonymous)

Wanted to let you know that your question is answered in your other post here:

whe i have sex with my husband he doesnt use a comdom , but he doent leave spem in me.can i still get pregnant

Dear Anon

Using this method (called the withdrawal method) is effective birth control for some women but not for all.

Many men have pre-ejaculation fluid that happens before ejaculation - this can contain active sperm and can impregnate a woman. If you are trying to avoid getting pregnant, your better bet would be to use a more effective method of birth control like condoms or birth control pills.

Does this information help you?

You may also call the EC hotline and talk with someone toll-free at: 1-888-NOT-2-LATE

The quick answer is: yes, there is a slight risk to having sex without a condom and getting pregnant, even without the male ejaculating, because there is something called "pre-ejaculate" ("pre-cum") on his penis that occurs when men have an erection. Pre-ejaculate fluid does not contain sperm, however, there is a chance that this fluid "picked up" some sperm from a previous ejaculation.

If you are worried that you may be pregnant, and there is a slight risk from your description, please go to this website to learn about Emergency Contraception, or visit with your doctor. Emergency Contraception is not an abortion pill, and can safely prevent pregnancy if taken within 72 hours of unprotected sex. You must be 18 years of age or older, and it is available without a prescription; just go to (or call) your local pharmacy and ask the pharmacist. Please, go to this website first, add your zipcode, to see if your pharmacy participates:

If you are not 18 years of age, please talk with your parents or caretaker, or if you have a doctor, please call his/her nurse to talk about your situation over the phone.

Here is a website for you to read in the future. It's perfect for college students (and younger) to read about sexual health:

And, please, make sure your partner wears a condom each and every time, or talk with your doctor about getting on birth control: it's time since you are sexually active! (and, as you know, condoms are the only protection against sexually transmitted diseases, so it is a good idea to use them).

I wish you the best, please let me know how you are doing and what you decide to do.