ask: Can you use Clobetasol Propionate cream on your vagina?

Anonymous

Hi ...45 yrs..i have LS as well...and is using Taro-clobetasol oint0.05, however am unsure about using it as often as Dr. prescribed...as it does thin the skin...i have read all the comments here...some say thicken some say thin...i believe it thins as it is a steroid...therefore i am afraid to make matter worse :( i have used it several times...but def. don't use it twice a day for two weeks...it's been almost a year...sometimes it helps sometimes it makes it worse...it's always a battle to make the decision to use it or not! As i have read here and have been told many times no one knows the cause...but i am wondering if it has to do with hormonal changes...they say there is no cure but i believe if we find the cause we can cure! :) it is extremely difficult to live with this disease or disorder...as you all know...i have lost my relationship over this! i need to find a cure...i am wondering if any of the people on here with LS have had any trouble with vaginal glands? as just before my symptoms began i had a blocked gland that required surgery also, have anyone here with LS have an IUD for birth control...as i just had one inserted a few months before my symptoms began as well...would love to know your feedback...

I didn't have any of those troubles that you did--they do guess that the source might be hormonal. I think that you should definitely talk to your doctor about your steroid fears. The way mine was prescribed, I did have to use it several times per day for the first month and then decrease the amount in the 2nd and 3rd month. That is typically the way steroids are prescribed--including oral ones--in a gradually decreasing amount. It did occur to me to that my skin might thin, as I know that is a side-effect, but it did not. In fact it got thicker and healthier, as that thin fragile skin is also a symptom of LS. Once I had gone through that initial treatment, the LS remained under control. I have occasional flare-ups and then use the steroid for a while until it calms down. As I have had a hysterectomy, I also use vaginal hormonal cream which also helps with the health of that skin. Do talk to your doctor about your concerns--I am worried that if you use less than prescribed you might not arrest the LS and it will just keep percolating on in a low-grade sort of way.

Anonymous

If it is the Taro brand, the ointment is more like a clear gel. I don't think there is any difference in the effectiveness. When I recently refilled a prescription the doctor asked me which consistency I preferred.

Anonymous

I have Lichen Sclerosus,I am using Clobetasol Cream,,would it be better the Oitment ? I am76 y.o.

same question as above.........I'm 79. and my Dr. said use 2 times per week, package reads 3 x daily........any medical people out there with an answer?

Ointment is preferred over cream for vaginal luchen sclerosus
. Creams contain more possible irritants .

Anonymous

I am 27 years old and was diagnosed with LS of the vagina in 2011. After 3 months of going back and forth to different doctors, I finally saw a dermatologist and she was able to diagnose me properly. I have been using Taro Clobetasol 0.05 cream and ointment. This medication is a God send. After initially being diagnosed and using the cream twice daily, about a month after it was under control, and soon after was gone. Now I only use it when I have a flare up, which doesn't happen often...every few months or so. The cream is applied on the outside of the vagina where the skin is not in. I hope this helps :)

you said;" cream and ointment", did you used 2 differents Taro-Clobetasol Tube ? Mine say Cream only,,thank you,,

Anonymous

If you are usimg this medication in your vaginal area, is it safe to have sex?

Anonymous

I just went to the OBGYN today for a pain that I always have when I am having sex. It also itches. She told me it is a little crack in my skin. It is near the hymen, so very near the opening of my vagina. I am experiencing slight burning at the moment, however not on the applied place. It is inside my vagina it seems, very slight, but noticeable and uncomfortable. I am thinking, what if the cream went into my vagina and is causing irritation? It is a steroid, after all. That makes me uneasy, especially in such a delicate and confusing area. I am really worried that I will never get this fixed, especially if this cream doesn't work out. Please give me answers if you think you can help. :(

When going out in the sun, what SPF do you put on?: