By Anonymous April 9, 2015 - 8:55pm

Lymph nodes in neck left side swollen just under a year and now my thyroid. Hoaresness pain in lymph nodes now down side of neck. My dr drew blood today ordered a ultrasound. Thyroid cancer?

Welcome to EmpowHER. I am glad to hear that you have consulted a physician about your symptoms.

I will not venture a guess as to whether you might or might no have thyroid cancer.

Many of the symptoms associated with thyroid cancer, such as a lump or swelling in the neck, hoarseness, pain in the front of the neck, sometimes going up to the ears, can also be caused by non-cancerous conditions or even other cancers of the neck area. Lumps in the thyroid are common and are usually benign.

You should have a scheduled appointment with your physician once all the test results are in. At that time, your physician will have a diagnosis and treatment plan.

Please keep us updated . Let us know if we can be of further help.