Chest pain that radiates through arms

I have random chest pains that radiate through my arms. They cause me to become dizzy, and make it difficult to breathe. I get really hot for a second, and it goes away. The chest pain has started about a week ago. When these chest pains occur I get fainting spells as well at times. These are occompanied with headaches too, & gas. I am in my 20s and suffered from a severe eating disorder in my teens. I wonder if I damaged my heart...or if its stress/anxiety.
What is going on?

Thank you for your question!

Your condition could very easily be caused by stress. It could also be severe heartburn.

However, it could be due to a heart condition and as I am sure you know, people who have or have had anorexia tend to have hearts that are not as strong as others. Heart failure is often the end result for some anorexics.

It's very important that you get this seen to. It could be nothing at all so don't think of the worst case scenario (I know that's hard!) but it could also be a warning sign that something is failing. Please make an appointment today and keep us posted.

Heart Disease

Heart Disease Guide