Is coconut water better at replacing lost fluid than water and sports drinks?

I feel better drinking coconut water after a workout than water. Is it truly better for hydration? Works well for a hangover too?

Hi Lindsay

Coconut water is actually very good for hydration (it's highly recommended for tennis players but it doesn't taste great to me) as it's very high in potassium and minerals to guard against cramping and to help hydrate. There's no doubt it's very healthy and also low in salt. 

Sports drinks are also good because they replace lost electrolytes - but I don't like them either and they can actually be high in salt.  

However, I now try both, along with lots of water because water alone isn't enough when I play tennis matches for 2-3 hours in difficult summer conditions. Water is excellent for hydration but it does not replace loss nutrients. A combination of both is best! 

Read both sides of the debate here:

Let is know if you like coconut water! 

Yes .. Its Very Good Idea.. and its natural drink..
Its best option too

Healthy Eating