could i be pregnant?

By March 28, 2011 - 7:28am

I had my iud removed jan 31st which i never had a period the 5 yrs it was in i then had a period march 10th until the 12th. I haf unprotected sex the 16 20 and 26th and woke up today with cramping and lower back pain this has been off and on for about a week and a half today is much worse though what do you think?

Hi bender81!

Since you only had your period 18 days ago, cramping and backpain would not signal pregnancy. You could be pregnant (or getting there!) from having unprotected sex but you could also be ovulating, depending on the kind of cycle you have.

It's far too early to tell and it's far too early for pregnancy symptoms since you're only half way through your cycle but if your next period is late, then test!

Thanks for the response i really dont know when i ovulate since i havent had a period in so long im sure it could take awhile for my body to get back to normal.

HERWriter Guide (reply to bender81)

Hi bender

That's true, it does take some time for the body to get back to normal but for now, go by the one period you've had. Ovulation is approximately 14 days after the first day of your period so go from there until you've had your period for a few months.