Pregnancy Guide

ask: Could I be pregnant?

By Angelwings23

First, let me say I don't know if I'm pregnant or not but if I am I think I would be due around this time. Second, I have PCOS and IBS.

So here's my story: My ex and I were fooling around about 3 weeks ago(around the 27th or 28th of October) kissing, touching, etc. He never penetrated me although he did put the tip of his penis on my vagina. Being caught up in the moment I can't remember if he got "lubricated" because I know pre-ejaculation contains sperm I have PCOS which causes irregular periods among other things however my period came this month.

My period came on the 17th and it usually lasts 5 days. It was supposed to go off last Monday but it stopped last Tuesday except I had some reddish/brownish slimy discharge but its only there when I wiped.

I highly doubt that I'm pregnant because I just had my period but my back has been aching, my breasts are hurting and I'm very bloated/burping constantly. IBS is irritable bowel syndrome and I have the constipation side of it. Is it possible that I could be pregnant? If by chance I am I would only be a couple of weeks isnt that too soon for symptoms? Thanks for the advice.

Hi Angelwings23,

If you just had your period, then you are not pregnant. Regardless of the length and duration of your period, it is still a period. The bloating and Burping sound more like symptoms of IBS than of pregnancy and if the back pain is still persistent then you may want to see your doctor to determine what may be the cause. 

Hope this helps,

Rosa

Angelwings23 (reply to Rosa Cabrera RN)

Thanks for responding. Yea I figured I wasn't but with the symptoms I was having I was unsure. TMI but I think I'm ovulating today because I had some clear stretchy discharge this morning. Thanks again for the help :)

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :