could i be pregnant

By March 31, 2010 - 1:01pm

okaay. here it is. i over worry its just how i am. but me and my boyfriend just started having sex. we are very very safe. but im almost four days late. we use a condom and he pulls out and im on the pill. so i dont think there is much chance but im really worried. i hope i stat soon. i was thinking maybe it was stress with school and my dad.. and i just recently got sick and they say this could make it late. i have been getting cramps and my usual moodiness. i just wanted to come here and ask. should i worry or just calm down? please help! me and my boyfriend have also decided to not have sex. im just not emotionally ready at all.

HI, my boyfriend and i were fooling around and he came in his pants. he later took of his underwear and we were spooning naked and his penis was near my vagina. i cannot recall if he was dry or not. This happened on July 31st, and i got my period on August 6th. Is there any chance i could be pregnant?

You can't get pregnant from spooning naked - the mechanics of spooning are not conductive for sex - you'd have to make an effort to have genital to genital contact.

Your period means you are not pregnant.

i got my period! :D im so so so happy! but no more sex for me. not until i can handle it. thanks you guys for all the help! you really settled my nerves . welp. i hope im not back with the same question xD

thanks guys for getting back to me so fast! im trying very hard not to worry. and if i am i'll just have to deal with it as it comes. i hope im not. and i dont think i am. i just a lot on my mind and everything. this isnt helping with that lol. but you're advice really did. i asked my friends and they said they have missed their periods but then again they are all 17 as well . so im sure they dont know as much as you guys. And Susan me and my boyfriend have both come to the conclusion that we are so not ready for sex. yes it is fun.. but this whole worrying isnt. i love that you've helped me out! my period usually is at the end of the month. we're going on four days late.. :/ so thats kinda worrying me a bit. with your advice though its a little less! ill let you know when it does. cuz i have faith it WILL! :D thanks guys!

I wouldn't worry too much about it, my friend worries about pregancy a lot, but in the end she isn't. Sometimes periods are late or they don't actually happen. I skipped periods even though I've never even though I've never had sex, so yeah, you could be late because you have things on your mind. Plus since your body is still changing, your periods will also change.

I think you've made a very smart decision by not having sex right now. Sex is wonderful when the person is mature, educated on sexual health and ready to face the consequences that sexual activity brings (infections, disease and pregnancy, as well as the good stuff). Sex is pointless if all it does is provide a moment of pleasure, and then weeks of stress and worry.

Being sick can interfere with your cycle, you are correct. While abstinence is the only way one can guarantee no pregnancy, you are on the pill and using condoms so your risk of pregnancy is very, (very!) low.

I think your body is ready for sex but emotionally you are not, as you said. And I think you are mature enough to see that, which makes you a lot smarter than some of us adults!

Time and time again we see the same people worried, month after month that they are pregnant because they don't understand how birth control works or are too irresponsible to take it. This isn't the case with you - I simply think you need to hold off from sex and wait for time to allow you the chance to enjoy sex responsibly and have no stress or worry afterward. I think it's wonderful that you are using protection like you are, but I think you know in your heart that holding off for now is right for you.

I suspect your period is on your way, Lindsey!

Let us know when you get it and we are here to support you anytime!