could i be pregnant

By Anonymous April 5, 2010 - 12:46pm

at the end of march i got my period normally and it lasted for about 4 days and the day after i stopped bleeding i had unprotected sex and then i decided to take the plan b the very next day. i took the first pill at 8pm and then then second pill the next day when i woke up. 72 hours since i had unprotected sex had passed already when i took the last pill. and its been a few days since then and now i have my period which is not normal its only been a week an a half since i had my last period. could i be pregnant?

Dear Anon

Congrats on taking Plan B when you did. I didn't know they still sold the two-pill version, I thought it was narrowed down to the one-pill now.

While we can't guarantee you're not pregnant, we can assure you that getting a 'period' after taking Plan B is actually quite common. It is listed as one of the most common side effects. As long as you took them as directed, you will have to wait it out, unfortunately. Here are some very similar stories that I hope can ease your mind a little :

I hope these similar stories help you. It also helps that you had unprotected sex on day 5 of your cycle. No time is completely safe but this is one of the safer times!

I wish you the best and would love to hear an update on your cycle getting back to normal next month. An update will also help many of our readers with similar questions. Can you do that?